View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 06:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the information on the vehicle inspection sheets. It seems to get more interesting to compare the information that each contain? These posted sheets are a little different from that of mine and if you look at the one you posted on the #49 car, it too is a little different? I believe the 3 last posted are from cars #20, #22, & #24 if my records are correct? Back to the #49 Fathom Blue, the document showed C103 at the bottom. Now the next to last of these cars would have been built the 2nd week of July 1968? #37 was also built the 2nd week of July 1968? In the latest post of the documents, they were from a tripoli turquoise car #20, & 2 matador red cars #22 &#24? These would have been built the 1st week of July 1968? Notice that at the bottom of the inspection sheets of the first week cars and the 2nd week car? The #37 car has a 534 Julian date code on the Green Tag in pretty large numbers up by the rivet, yet has no reference of the 534 found on the inspection sheet? When I first saw the C103 on the blue car, after thinking on this awhile was wondering if it would be possible that the 103 could be lacking another digit as 103? for the serial number? Maybe this could be the reason they were known as Mystery Novas?

William, thanks for passing on the information you have on the Gibb cars & their history. I'm sure there is a lot yet to be learned about these Gibb cars, but comparing information is the one way to learn more? Too, I presume you have secured the documents prepared by Fred Gibb titled "To Whom It May Concern" on the Nova's? Just wondering if those owning the ZL-1's may have been presented with these, also?