View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 02:56 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hi Jim, just seeing this now. Thanks for the questions.

FYI - Bring a Trailer writes the auction description and uses language they deem appropriate. While the majority of it is good, some of it is not muscle car/classic car specific - for example BaT wanted to use the term damper to describe a shock absorber. I was able to correct what I thought was most important... with that in mind:

Corrosion is found on the door where the vent window meets the window channel and on lower door. I took a number of pics from inside to show this. The paint is cracking on the driver's 1/4 and there is minor bubbling coming through on the 1/4 edge. I suspect this to be a bit of both - paint and body work issue. It was repainted by a prior owner and I wasn't given receipts, name of shop or pics unfortunately. The paint shines well but there are flaws. There are some waves in the body work and chips from use. It was done nicely but again, I don't have any proof of what was done and I cannot speak to what is under the paint. I did not buy this thing with 'show truck' in mind though. I bought it to drive it which is why I spent so much money getting the mechanics dialed in. This is a truck where another rock chip/paint scrape doesn't matter.

SPID pic now attached. It is a factory red/black/white top, 4x4, 4 speed with HD front seats.

The bottom side reflects a life long Northeast truck with some scale. There is undercoating on the majority of the bottom side which makes seeing the floors difficult. I don't see any frame repairs or evidence of serious accident. It tracks very straight. Lots of videos on BaT! The inner fenders, core support, and rocker boxes appear to be rust free.

Double wall top. NY State historical vehicles are sold on transferable registration only which this truck has. It is in my name. The truck is safely tucked away in my brother's shop and will remain inside for as long as it takes to get transportation scheduled. If more time is needed I'm sure we can work something out. I'll PM you my cell # should you have more questions.

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by MosportGreen66; 11-16-2021 at 03:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MosportGreen66 For This Useful Post:
67since67 (11-16-2021), PeteLeathersac (11-16-2021)