View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 01:31 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

That some great info Jag.

As an aside, it's been discussed here as well as a bit more in depth over on CRG where it's noted that some late built cars comparable with this 10E (Last week of Norwood production) have already shown up with a number of the cars having 70 style dripper covers on them.

At this point in time, 1970 parts were already in full production and did begin to appear on both Camaro's as well as Corvettes. Same holds true for a couple members here with cars built the same week who have contacted me and also have early dripper style covers. From the dates on the covers that came on this particular car, it's since been determined a previous owner must have updated the covers to an over the counter set at some point. I'm really not in any rush to change them right now, but when I do find a set of survivor 70 style early covers such as the 3965543 & 3965544 covers shown below, I will in all likeliness be changing them out.

Other parts on this Nov 3rd car including the bell housing and thermostat cover also share part numbers with the 70 Z/28. Thank you for adding the valve cover info. Lessons on part numbers and change orders are always appreciated. As always...I'm still learning here.

Last edited by NorCam; 12-15-2019 at 02:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
roadster (12-15-2019)