View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,184 Posts

I will do so, but this carb was dumping gas in huge volumes, both internally and externally. You could barely keep the thing running. And, I am pretty sure the rings were washed out, as it had started smoking pretty good. After changing the oil and putting the new carb on it, I took it for a drive, and after about 4 miles it quit smoking. Checked the oil when I got back and it is clean and fuel free.

Put 11 gallons of 100ll. Runs awesome.

Thanks to all for the input. Especially the info on staggered jetting. I had heard about it, but didn't know which side got the increased jet size. Didn't get that involved on this one, as it ran so well, I didn't want to mess with it as it was running so well. Giant improvement. Eric told me to just put the carb on the way it was. I did, and was really happy with how it ran. Slightly lumpy idle at 950. Just enough to remind you it has a cam. Doesn't run that much different than the last stock 302 I worked over.

And yes, I used a "T" fitting in line on the choke pull off for vac source to the B28 can.

I set initial at 12 degrees. Mechical is 26 for a total of 38. May be too much for pump gas, but runs great on the aviation fuel. Limited the vac advance to 10 degrees and it idles great there.

After setting the timing, all I had to do was adjust idle speed and mixture screws.
enio45 (12-11-2018)