View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 02:57 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Ok here is the answer that I have been able to validate. Gentlemen, this work is getting much harder to accomplish without hearsay, fortunately I was able to still confirm the key information from 5 men with the recollection of the operation of the 2nd floor buck build area, rail unloading area, and material transfer operations.

Determinations:

Old style copper radiators arrived via train car from Harrison painted.
Radiators were shipped on skids 50 per skid staggered stacked on the flat side.
Radiators Physically separated by cardboard sheet and were strapped to the skid.

Radiators were next tugged (forklift) to the radiator conveyor where they were unpacked off the skids and separated by production designation on the floor in rows.

Radiators were then put on the Radiator conveyor when directed from the second floor- (eg-"send us 20 small radiators and three big radiators")

The radiators were placed on the conveyor where they arrived on the second floor and were unloaded and placed into a smaller short term accumulation area where each radiator was sequenced to the rest of the buck build. At this point the production manifest was the document that directed which part was used on the specific build.

After the Radiator was manifest matched it was dressed, with the radiator cap the overflow hose and the drain valve (petcock)

I am told this is the way the drain valve looked and physical appearance when installed:
Attached Images

Last edited by 70 copo; 08-13-2022 at 02:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
BCreekDave (08-13-2022), L16pilot (08-14-2022)