View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 06:07 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Some progression although slow it is moving forward. Needed to continue with firewall cleaning and removal of old black spray bomb paint so I pulled the steering column, e-brake assembly and master, metering valve and distribution block for cleaning.

Photo 247 - Original e-brake assembly after removal

Photo 248 - 250 - E-brake assembly after soaking in Evaporust overnight. Also to note that the bottom tooth on the gear is also painted black as it follows the same line as the painted arm.

Next I pulled the master, metering valve and distribution block back off the car for cleaning and rebuilds.

Photo 251 - As found setup on the car.

Photo 252 - 254 - Metering valve during rebuild and after soaking in Evaporust. Date on valve is either 36 or 38. Original Bendix rubber cap over rear of valve shaft.

Photo 255 - 258 - Master will have to be sent off to be sleeved. I've used White Post in the past and will most likely use them again as the last one they did came back great and they left it unrestored as I requested. Ordered a rebuild kit for the distribution block last night and Scott (Muscle Car Research) sent me an email this morning and the kit will go out today. But everything has been cleaned and soaked in Evaporust and I stuck everything back together just to not have everything laying around to get lost or misplaced. Cast date on master is D1.

Photos 259 - 261 - Cleaned the master lid.

Received my distribution block rebuild kit from Musclecar Research a couple weeks ago and got it rebuilt. However upon installing the new seat; it failed to hold and pushed past the resting shoulder and became useless. Maybe I wasn't holding my mouth right when installing it but I pulled the new now damaged seat and reinstalled the old seat and it tightened up just like it should so that issue was corrected. Sorry I failed to get photos of the new o-rings on the piston but you get the idea as far as that goes.

Photos 262 - 268 - Removal of seat and piston in distribution block. Then new springs, piston o-rings and old seat reinstalled and then distribution block treated with a little RPM (Rust Prevention Magic)
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cook_dw For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (05-17-2022), 67since67 (05-16-2022), BJCHEV396 (05-18-2022), jbtech (05-16-2022)