View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 01:32 PM

They had one of those switch lanes in Cincinnati Ohio that was there since the 70's that I can remember, probably still there today. Some may know what I'm talking about.

It was 4 way traffic but 3 lanes would have a green arrow in one direction depending on the time of day, and would switch. It was confusing as hell and had a lot of accidents. I avoided it.

I read they are thinking of doing something similar here in Arizona on the I-17 as you climb the mountain from Black Canyon City to the top near Sunset Point, which is about a 6 mile stretch. They want to add a lane to one side which is a major undertaking in and of itself. But I read they will use directional green lights and have 3 lanes coming up the mountain and down the mountain depending on the time of day. The scary part about that is that the North and South bound lanes are separated by the mountain on most of that stretch so once you're on the other side you can't cross over.
Sounds like a mess to me. We already have enough wrong way drivers through that stretch of I-17, so lets add more confusion, lol. That was the original proposal anyway, not sure if that has changed, I quit paying attention to it.

Reminds me of all these round-a-bouts they keep putting in. Why we are trying to be like the Europeans I can't figure out, but one thing is for sure, a lot of people can't figure out those round-a-bouts either. They do make a great opportunity for drifting though

Last edited by x33rs; 04-05-2022 at 01:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
70 copo (04-07-2022), markinnaples (04-05-2022)