View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 04:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SS454Elky
Default Re: Cowl induction seal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The flat section on the flange ring is to clear the A/C unit on Chevelles. The flared section of the ring will go in the rear and corresponds with the indented area of the air cleaner which is for distributor clearance. Also that is where the &quot;rear&quot; decal is. The flat section would be in about the 10 thru 11 position on the clock. Hard to see in this photo but you can see where the rubber seal is out of round in that area due to the flat spot in the ring. Most people say the tape seam should be in above the &quot;rear&quot; decal but I have found them all over the place and I will normally put them exactly how I found them if it is the original seal and ring. </div></div>

Ahhhh the AC box. that makes perfect sense. My car does not have AC so I didn't think about that. I thought the flared section should go to the back, but the flat confused me. All clear now. Thanks!