View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 12:55 AM

Thanked 136,494 Times in 22,779 Posts

At the age of 3, my son Alex was totally fascinated by "Yellow Equipment." Back Hoes, Bulldozers, you name it - he LOVED them. So much that when we took a trip in the car, if he saw some he would literally throw a tantrum if we didn't stop to let him either look at them or watch them work.

In my travels as a Salesman, I came across a new development being built not that far from where we lived. So I thought Alex would love to watch them at work - close up - instead of from the car.

So off we went. Got to the site and he couldn't get out of the car fast enough to watch the men and machines at work.

So I had this great idea (or at least it seemed so at the time) that I could ask one of the machine operators to have Alex sit in the seat of a Bulldozer. I carried him over to the Dozer which was just resting and talked to the operator and explained my idea. "Sure! - Let me just fire this baby up!"

You know that LOUD SHRILL sound a construction diesel engine makes when it first starts up. That scared the living bejeezes out of Alex. He started crying and wouldn't stop until we got back to the car.

Needless to say, that was the last time Alex wanted to look at . . . Yellow Equipment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (04-07-2022)