View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 04:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
I'm grandfather in on Photobucket at $35/yr, so I stay with it. I, also, have a thousand pics posted on different forums that would go away if I quit PB...
I don't watch TV, but spend way more time than I should on my computer and forums. As for cutting grass, we only cut about 5 months of the year, so the 1.5 hrs it takes isn't bad. I cut a little over an acre split up in 3 sections around the house.
Yes, living in the rust belt necessitated learning how to repair/replace metal, or buy a new car every 5 years. I'm with you on the self learning curve. It took a few years to move on from pop riveting patches over holes in the floors and quarter panels to keep rain and snow out, to actually "restoring" the body to original...
I should have re-thought that grass cutting comment.... I certainly would love to have an acre or two to cut !!

yes... the pop Rivets... one of my first jobs (around 15) was pop riveting a wheel lip and rear 1/4 bottom for my buddies 70 Chevelle. We did most of that car one winter in an underground heated parkade at the downtown Library. The security guard was SUPER cool... never met the guy... He would whistle loudly when he was coming by to make rounds so we could pack up and hide!! We would have to move around once in a while to get away from the pile of bondo dust on the floor.... GOOD TIMES !!
Gary
67 Chevelle Conv. SS-427 clone
70 Chevelle SS-454 LS-5 M-22

Last edited by L78_Nova; 01-27-2022 at 04:42 PM.