View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Fencil Tuffo and Berganse Chevrolet

Rick it is funny that you mentioned it. I talked to my friend Bill who has the sticker and I think that I might be able to get ahold of it this weekend. I know that I will have to get a copy for most of our Chi-town members [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and ssl78 I will definately get you one to put on your LS-6.

The mechanic Frank that I mentioned in an above post that worked there told me that he bought a brand new 69 SS L78 Camaro in LeMans Blue brand new from there and traded it in on a brand new 1970 Chevelle LS5 454 black with white stripes that he used as a tow car for his boat!! Gary my mechanic that worked there told me that they sold many hi performance cars their and remembers that when he worked in the office in the late 60's swipeing all of those protecto-plates on the hi-po cars when they were in after they broke from being beat on! He told me that he remembers cars comming in on tow trucks that still had the white shoe polish on the windows from cars that came from the race track. Even though the cars were blown up or broken while racing he said that the service manager would say "Fix it, she's under warranty!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]