View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 12:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danachevroletfor1967 View Post
Well I finally got around to connecting the circuit light and pulling fuses. Good news: I found the circuit with the power drain as the light only went out when this fuse was pulled. The fuse is identified as PWR ACCY which I am assuming means power accessories. Bad news: under the usage section it lists this fuse as controlling parking lamp relay, hatch release relay, power mirror switch, radio, shock sensor (don't know what that means), and instrument cluster. I will be taking the car into a shop I trust to have the correct circuit narrowed down to be the problem causer.
Any of you guys have any ideas as to which circuit that utilizes this fuse might be the problem?
First you need to get a wiring diagram to see what is serviced by this circuit (fuse). Vanity mirror visor lights, glove box lights, trunk lights, console lights, and under the hood lights are notorious for draws in any car. If all these are on this circuit, just disconnect each one at a time to see which is causing the draw and makes the test light go out when you do that. Good luck with your quest to see what's killing your battery. If you were closer to Chicago, I'd have one of my Technicians take a look at it for free. Keep us posted. Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill

Last edited by Big Block Bill; 01-11-2022 at 12:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Block Bill For This Useful Post:
danachevroletfor1967 (01-11-2022), Xplantdad (01-11-2022)