View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

And how much did that cost you?

Seriously, why are you messing around with those clowns (not Elaine Harrell)? You have one of most documented super cars to be discussed on the Internet in quite some time. You know its real, the majority here, as well on the Chevelle site, believe it’s legit, what else do you need?

The folks connected with the DH site cannot even agree who their “experts” are. At one time Jim Elgan AKA JE, a charter member of the DH Hall of Fame, was one, Valerie, Pulde and others posting that he was always around the shop doing odd jobs, and the best part, drove all of the ’69 ZL-1s from Gibb Chevrolet in LaHarpe to Dick’s shop in KC. Now, no one remembers him, not for sure what he did. I could go on here, but I think you see where I am going with this.

You need to understand how this whole “record” thing works. You can either do as we have done on here, sharing our information for all to see, so all can search for that elusive “barn find” or keep the information private, chasing the cars yourself. By not showing what you have, no one really knows what you have, thus you can wing it as you go, stating the records show whatever you would like for them to say. And finally, as in your case, making folks such as yourself believe that they have something, or can verify something, dragging it on like it is rocket science, when it should take all of 5 minutes to check their records, all of this scam to eventually extract a “fee”.

You see, I have a crate full of Yenko paperwork, which took about a week to sort, putting it into a workable order. Unless away from where we keep the records, Rob or I can answer a VIN question in 5 minutes or unless, do it quite often, and for FREE. Even though the paperwork was not free (paid for by the Clary family), I am proud to say myself nor the sYc has ever recieved a cent for helping verify a car, because there is more to this hobby then egos and $$$.

Ironically, this morning I verified a ’67 Yenko, found on Craig’s list. Located, and now saved from the crusher, because our information is posted for all to see.

Now, quite worring about what others think and get busy restoring the car for you and your family to enjoy.
ScottG (11-26-2018)