View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 04:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusher_Man View Post
I know it’s not an option and doesn’t answer your question but if I found one then I would leave the sucker as is. Old, lettered up race cars peg out the cool meter in my book. Especially if they have original paint and lettering!
Small World...that Mustang Cobra Jet,pictured above,was a local car up here in Ottawa and was owned and raced by Dave Benn and I had a chance to buy it around '73 or '74.Dave worked for a local Cottman Transmission shop and I met him thru a friend.I had just sold my '71 LS5 Camino and was looking for a new ride.I went to see the Mustang and the deal we discussed,if memory serves me,was around $3000 to $3500.00.Dave would install a " more friendly" street gear in the rear and take his name off the body but leave the snake and decals on the car.I thought about it long and hard but I figured that the car would be a cop magnet if I drove it on the street and I was a die hard Chevy guy!I bought a '65 Corvette instead.Wish I remembered more details about the motor and transmission but I don't.Dave sold the car and bought a Camaro and was sponsored by Leftley Motors in Rockland,Ontario.

Last edited by BJCHEV396; 02-02-2023 at 04:48 AM.