View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 12:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
I am selling my 68 Charger Bullitt tribute car. The prospective buyer is in Seattle and US customs Needs a Manufactures Statement of Origin MSO or MCO,certificate of Origin. I have gotten same for GM cars from Vintage Vehicle Services,but who do I contact for Mopar.
Paul
This is new. How odd. I do not believe such a document can be gotten for a '68 Charger. I think someone in customs there has wrong info, Paul, and not realizing this car is over the 25 year age limit for paperwork. I just sold a Trans Am into New York a month ago, no such document was asked for.

From the link provided above, yeah good luck with this, not gonna happen:

"Locate the dealer who originally sold the vehicle. The dealer is responsible for legal custody of the certificate of origin. If the dealer does not have a copy on file, request that he contact the vehicle’s manufacturer to obtain a copy. If you do not know the name of the original dealer, you may choose to a vehicle title history search service such as CarFax.com, Carproof.com or AutoCheck.com to locate the original owner.

Contact the state department of motor vehicles or equivalent agency in the state where the vehicle got its first title. It is here that the original certificate of origin MAY have originally been filed by the dealer when the car was first purchased. Request that the motor vehicle department provide you with a copy of the certificate on file with them, or direct you to the proper location to receive a copy. This step is only necessary if the dealer was unable to locate the certificate for you."

Last edited by Tracker1; 09-22-2023 at 01:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tracker1 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (09-22-2023)