View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: The Face of Greed

Greed? No one forces someone to sell their car at B-J. Craig Jackson's rules are up front for all to read beforehand. If you don't like his terms then sell it elsewhere. The greed is on both sides if you want to use that term. Greedy sellers want to cash-in for the max amount on their cars and Craig Jackson is their 'enabler.' If you had to haggle the price of a car you were selling in your driveway you probably wouldn't get as much for it as you could at B-J. I guarantee you that not one seller will ever tell a buyer: "You know what? 150,000 is just too much for this car so I'm going to let you have it for 100,000." C'mon guys! Craig Jackson is a business man just like millions of others. I think what's at play here is the emotion we all invest in our "hobby." Bidders yell out with all their emotion if they want a car bad enough. Don't agree? Look at Ferrari Guy bidding on the 3-million '54 Olds concept car. He was crying after the hammer dropped! So, that same emotion trickles down to the lowly TV viewers (like most of us) who will never be able to drop 155K on a '67 435 Corvette. It irks us that we can't just go out and buy one for what we think it should be worth.

There isn't one person on this forum who wouldn't hold out for as much as they could get for their car, especially at a place like B-J. In one breath we lament escalating prices, an in the next breath we expect to get similar money for our own car when we sell it. Craig Jackson isn't in this to be nice, he's in it to make money and he doesn't hide that. Don't like it? Don't play.