View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,793 Times in 1,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-SS-L48 View Post
Don't get me wrong, this car is impressive and has some amazing accolades. Duntov and 3 Star is quite an achievement. Just curious what was uncovered to prevent a 4 Star Bowtie? What section didn't get the sign off?
----When I went to buy the the 65 it was stored in a back room of a lumber yard, all covered up. Still it was filthy even under the covers. The interior had been closed up tight though and was perfect. The original owner would not let me start it when I bought the car. He was adamant about it. A bit reluctantly I still bought it and had it shipped to Classic Motors. On it's arrival we started checking it out and found mice living all the way up the exhaust as far the exhaust manifolds. The boss eventually made the decision to carefully pull the body off the frame. After a good clean-up and some minor touch-up to the chassis and a through look at the inside of the engine we put the car back together. There wasn't one bolt or nut replaced. Once Ed ended up with it that's when it went for all the big NCRS stuff and sometime during the judging someone said something about the body off part. I wasn't there so some of this is conjecture but maybe that's why the car didn't receive that 4-star......Bill S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
Tenney (05-29-2020), x44d80 (07-11-2020)