View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 01:05 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,968 Times in 1,392 Posts

Monday, I prepped the outer and inner rockers for spot welding them on the bottom.

I love the factory appearance of these welds. No further grinding or dressing needed. I got both sides done and went to take a pic and the battery in the camera went dead...figures.

I then cut out the left inner wheel house and drilled out the remaining spot welds of the rear inner wall and cargo floor. It was then that the sides got REALLY floppy !!

First thing this morning, I got the floor and walls back centered and built this bracing to hold it in position.

With things stabilized again, I cut out the right inner wheel house and drilled out the remaining welds on that side too.

This brace is part of the cargo floor and welded to the rear crossmember. The flange and welds are on the inside and I can't get at them, so I had to cut the flange off to be removed later.

Drilled out all but 4 of the welds across the back and the time bell rang. I didn't want to get any deeper into it today anyway, as once I pull this out, the body may need more bracing. That will be tomorrows task.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
big gear head (01-19-2022), L78_Nova (01-19-2022), NorCam (01-19-2022)