View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
its carousel red (same as chevy hugger orange)
back in 1989 i decided to put it in long term storage. it sat in the same spot for 32 years until i sold the blue 71 judge next to it to gary riley and had to move it. so gary and his friend norm came down from colorado and we moved it for the first time in 32 years. the next pics are when i was taking it to one of my warehouses and i stopped by my parents house. my dad always took pics and took one of me beside it. 32 years later i decided to move it to another location after we dug it out and i just happen to stop by my moms on the way and realized the last time the car saw daylight i had stopped here and i knew they had a picture of it so i recreated the pose and had my mom take the pic. i stopped by a buddys house after that and took a few pics. the last one is where it sits today.
This post is more a general reminder to all not necessarily about this particular car-
While I love this car and have for years I certainly hope you enjoyed it and ripped a lot of gears with it rather than just let her sit. (I’m fairly sure you did and I know you had others to rip gears with also). That’s what these cars were about having fun and enjoying them, fine line between preservation and stagnation.

I’m fairly sure from Pryor posts you did in fact enjoy this car!
I just want others to remember these weren’t meant to be retirement packages they were cars to be driven and enjoyed that’s why we love them so much.

I have a brand new hellcat Durango and while I enjoy it’s so clean and all original parts and currently in perfect shape my father reminds me OFTEN to take it out and run it hard otherwise what good is owning it. He says “ what are you saving it for the next guy to enjoy.” “Go tear it up”. He’s 85 years young. At that point we usually take it for a hard run down the airstrip where I keep it !

What good is having a beautiful woman if you never make love to her!

Sounds like this car was enjoyed from 69 to 89 and is still one of the finest examples.

Last edited by turbo69bird; 09-27-2023 at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (09-27-2023)