View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 10:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So after I bought the Vette I planned a trip to Gainsville to meet some friends. I had been waiting for "Ghost Rider" to come out and it started the day I was leaving for Gainsville. I decided to go that night. Even though the movie was a little corny I really enjoyed it. I came out of the show and it was a perfect Florida night. I got on #75 with the tops off and I was off. I'm doing about 75 or 80 and these two guys go by on a pair of fast bikes and they're flying. I had been driving Buick GNs for quite a while and normally I wouldn't chase anything in high gear. These cars are really fast but they are not that quick on the top end without all the good stuff. Wait a minute. I'm not in a GN I'm in a LS1 Vette. These cars can go 180 with just a tune. I nail it and here we go! I can barely see their tail lights but soon I start to real them in. I passed them at 162 MPH!!! I came to my senses and slowed down and they caught up to me. They slowed down and looked the car over and gave me the thumbs up and took off again. I said to myself "you f**king idiot". You're in the US chasing 2 bikes at over 150 in a car you have only owned for less then a week!" Just as I'm contemplating what could have happened, out of nowhere this State Trooper pulls up behind me with the welcome lights flashing. Oh. I guess he wants to congratulate me on nailing those 2 bikes Geez! Now I'm done. He comes up to the car and says Mr Ziggy . How are you tonight? How does this guy know my name? How is Jane ? How does this guy know all this information? He tells me my GF had called the cops to pull me over as I forgot my pills. Wew! What a relief! I told him I just grabbed a few for the trip. He says OK. You take it easy. I thank him and then I do a smoking burn out as I disappear down the highway. Kidding. lol.

After going home a few weeks later I decide the car is not quick enough. Strange EH? I buy a used Cierra single turbo kit from a guy on the Corvette forum. Pretty easy install, but I am sure glad I had a hoist in the shop. Actually installing the new fuel system was the hardest part of the job. After everything was installed I programmed the stock ECM. I had a little experience tuning the GNs which helped a lot. I took the car out for a few shakedown runs to get the car set up. A buddy comes along to monitor the ecm. We set the boost and check the O2s. I also perked up the gas with some C16 just for some extra protection while testing.

Last edited by ZiggyL78; 05-18-2022 at 10:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZiggyL78 For This Useful Post:
67BelAir427 (05-19-2022)