View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 06:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,088 Times in 207 Posts

Just a few updates:

Bruce (original owner) jokes that I'm making his brain hurt but he has confirmed the car had disc brakes and a woodgrain steering wheel.

He says when he bought the car, the salesman told him not many knew about that model, and that there were "only about 27 out there with that engine" at the time.

He won a lot of trophies with the car but after a bad fight, his wife trashed them. He says he has photos of the car with the trophies.

Bruce says he trimmed the rear wheel lips to "fit those big slicks under there"

A gentleman by the name of Paul Shepherd says he remembers Bruce Cremean's Black Camaro from National Trails. He worked at National Trails as a teenager in the late 60's - 70's.

When I asked him about any memorable races, he said he once lost to Mary Ann Foss at National Trails. I asked him what happened and he replied, "well, once you lost that's it no second chances!"

I finally made successful contact today with Judy who says she owned the car from 1982 up until the 2000s when she sold it to Baxter. She bought it from James Rooker when he was in the service. James is Dean Rooker's brother. (This explains the two guys who came to buy the car from Richard Buckley). She says she was dating Dean at the time.

Dean's son (Dean Jr.) says his father (Dean Sr.) installed the big rear flares when he was still in high school. Judy said the Camaro had a 350 in it when she owned it. She went to prom in the car!

Judy also states she too has photos of the car and will provide them to me.

I'm now actively searching for the original transmission. The next guy to contact is James Rooker who I found on facebook.

When I told Bruce the news about finding Judy he said he once remembers driving around in the 80s and seeing the car parked in a backyard but every time he tried to ask about it nobody was home and one day it disappeared.

Judy says she sold it to John Baxter for his son. Judy sold it while her father was sick and she was helping him.

67 Camaro L78

Last edited by jbtech; 01-21-2022 at 12:03 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
Chuck_Burg (01-20-2022), cook_dw (01-23-2022), dykstra (06-23-2023), PeteLeathersac (01-20-2022), Steve Shauger (01-20-2022)