View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 06:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

That was fast!

Well, it looks like the Fairy CarFather has blessed us here in New Jersey!

Last Friday, I was driving home and got 1/4 mile from my house when I see a Toxic Orange 2011 Challenger R/T parked on my neighbor's lawn. He was taking photos of it. I'd never seen the car before and like me, he has lived here 20+ years. I didn't think much of it until Saturday when I was perusing the facebook marketplace and I SEE THAT EXACT CAR in a listing that just popped up! And it's a 5.7 with a manual transmission, 3.92 Super Track Pack and the Boston Acoustic Stereo! And it has only 24,000 miles. And it is all of 6 houses away from our house!

It's completely original and stock other than muffler delete and a Mopar Performance cold air kit. Absolutely perfect condition. He is moving to Florida this week and needed to sell it NOW since he was building a new house there and had no place to park it while the house was being built. Great guy. His girlfriend was not happy he was selling it, but warmed up to us after we all got talking.

The car is perfect, other than the 7 year-old Goodyears (with 100% tread left on them). Luckily we happen to have my Redeye's original Pirellis and a new set of Brass Monkey Redeye wheels that should fit nicely.

He bought the car back in 2015 with 8,500 miles on it from a friend. No accidents ever. All original paint. Sold new at Dover Dodge in New Jersey in 2011.

My son has been sitting in it ever since I picked it up this morning, practicing his shifting and clutch pedaling in the garage. (and making fake engine noises)

BTW, this is the second neighborhood car I've bought in the past 15 years. The other one was a yellow 1987 IROC-Z parked under a carport, that I would jog past every morning for 5 years. The day I finally walked into his driveway was the exact moment he was walking out of his garage with a for sale sign in hand, to put in the window. I yelled "SOLD" from the end of his driveway and we both had a laugh. Got that one for a good price, too.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
Crush (06-10-2023), L_e_e (06-09-2023), Tenney (06-10-2023)