View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 10:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Assembly

I really like the advantage lifts. They are good quality. I was JUST getting ready to buy one when my friend had another for sale. So I bought that one and now have two 4 post lifts. I have one together and waiting to finish my shop and set them both up. I put one together in my garage with a friend. No jack, forklift, Picker, Loader etc. just him and I. Lay two posts down and slide the cross piece in until it's 2.5 feet or so off the ground. Then one guy on each side stands it up. Repeat on the other end. As far as the rails, we each took an end. The one without the hydraulic ram is not bad at all. The one with the ram was a little heavy. My helper was over 20 years younger, but somehow, I got the heavy end in my 60's. I have to take one apart, then assembly the 2. I might try to rent something if not too expensive. But not going to spend 3 or $400 for a few minutes use. Neighbor has a small tractor... who knows, we'll see. But it can be done with no equipment. If you are concerned, maybe put 2 guys on each end of the rails. Good Luck! D
The Following User Says Thank You to dannystarr For This Useful Post:
Steve Shauger (06-23-2023)