View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 07:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richls5 View Post
it has for sure taken the wind out of my sails i dont even want to look at another car unless its come from a memeber here that an expert has checked out first and even then you never know
Something else to remember, if the car was inspected by a professional and is purchased, then that person sells it shortly after or even years later, you will still want to cover your bases. I have inspected a few cars over the years that were top shelf and full on NOS parts only to have the purchaser buy the car, strip all the NOS and good parts off of it and then resell it making my inspection somewhat worthless. Best to speak with the inspector directly and share 'current' photos of the car and get an updated opinion and in most cases for a small fee. If any time has passed it would pay to just have the car re-inspected.

Also, in most cases the inspector does not own the inspection report, the hiring agent does so you may have to pay for a copy of it or the seller may provide you with it. I will not share my reports unless the hiring agent authorizes its release and then for a fee in some cases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
carnut4life (06-30-2021), PeteLeathersac (07-06-2021), Richls5 (06-30-2021), Xplantdad (06-30-2021)