View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 01:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,578 Times in 1,160 Posts
Default The One Item You Wish You Didn't Pass Up

What's the one single item you wish you would've tried harder to pull the trigger on but didn't?
Doesn't necessarily have to be a car,can be anything.
For me it was a Tuxedo black/Red Int. 1966 L-78 Chevelle Super Sport in Blue Island IL,sitting in an open garage during the Fall of '79.All original drivetrain w/Buckets,4spd,posi.Original owner getting ready to pull it out on his driveway with a For Sale sign on it,asking $1800.No mods that I recall,had a broken left taillight lens from when he backed up into his riding lawn mower.Body was straight as an arrow and Lacquer paint you could comb your hair in.Interior & Trunk were amazingly clean & solid.He said he'd take $1500 today as he was moving down south next month.I put a $100 cash deposit down,and told him I'd call him next week.Found out Insurance was going to be astronomical for a 17 year old kid like me,but didn't care as I wasn't going to be driving it but 6mos.a year,but my Dad sure did.He said no way kid.So I asked him to drive me there to get my Deposit back,He said nope,that's a lesson on you for not checking with me first & told the owner to keep my hard earned deposit.Owner then mentioned he just found the original Dealer invoice too among some other papers.Dad still said no,so owner said thanks for the call,the $100 bucks and sold it to another in less than 12 hours later.
Man that car was awesome.

Last edited by Mr70; 07-28-2023 at 01:32 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (07-28-2023), PeteLeathersac (07-28-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...