View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 12:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by napa68 View Post
6 inch slab throughout. If I put a lift in this building, it would be just a 4 post that I would not anchor (I have my other shop for wrenching). 14' walls and I don't know that I would necessarily go that high again. Given what my intended purpose is here, I am doing nothing but heating thin air and adding to the acoustics. I like a lower ceiling as a rule just because it feel cozy.

I left the floors alone (aside from sealing the concrete) due to the carbides on the snowmobile skis. Tracey and I ride a fair amount so we are in and out of the shop in the winter time and the sleds would raise hell with any sort of premium flooring.

I keep my personal cars in this building, wash our personal trucks, and a place to hang and have a couple of
You should get/make some skates for under the skis and track that you slip on right inside the door. I used them when I had sleds and it's so nice to be able to push the sled sideways into a spot against a wall. Now they hold the plow and I can push that into a corner, when not in use.

My building is just a shell, no windows or inside finish work, so very basic. The guys loved it, as it was the last one for the season and didn't take a lot of time. Concrete was poured the next year.

Yours sitting over a winter from the mason delay was, probably, a positive as you had a LOT of fill and it helps settle and compact it even more than the vibrator did.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles