View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 01:29 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

My cousin saw the car in October of ‘22 and instantly thought of MCACN Barn Finds/Hidden Gems display.

We spoke with the owner on the phone in November. He’s a snowbird and was in Florida at the time. He said he’d be back in June……I’m thinking to myself…...JUNE? That drove me crazy, knowing that we could possibly buy the car but couldn’t find out for 7 months….it seemed like years away……lol

Meanwhile, I found the rear wheels/tires on Marketplace in December……thinking they’d be perfect with those flares. April was spring Jefferson swap meet……a friend told me about the front wheels/tires being for sale at a swap spot near mine……I instantly ran from my swap spot and bought them. Again……..we didn’t even have the car yet and weren’t sure if we’d get it!

We went to speak with the owner at the end of June and ended up purchasing it that day. A couple weeks later we drug it out of the weeds and put it in storage.

The front right wheel was locked up…..John got that rolling to make it easier to move around.

We currently have it in my trailer and ready to haul to Chicago.

After that…..we’re not 100% sure what’s next. Possibly get it running and driving but definitely leave it as is……we kinda like it.

Overall, the car seems very solid. In reality, it only sat outside for 8 years and they put a tarp under the car prior to parking it, which helped. There are a couple of spots that need attention in the trunk. The carpet and headliner need to be replaced, otherwise the interior is really nice. The motor is a 70’s 350, the Muncie is a 1964/1965 trans and the rearend is a 1969 3.31 posi……at least that’s the what code is. In other words, it’s a mutt.

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 69 Post Sedan For This Useful Post:
Damien (11-26-2023), dykstra (11-13-2023), markinnaples (12-05-2023), olredalert (11-13-2023), PeteLeathersac (11-13-2023), Steve Shauger (11-13-2023)