View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 PM

Thanked 7,178 Times in 1,578 Posts
Default Re: Musclecar Photographs mrays

Here are a few race cars from the same event.

J. Kosiba's 63 Chevy II is one of my favorite first gen's. It was a True Street competitor and had a 352ci small block with NOS and ran high 8's. This car was featured in Super Chevy and Car Craft.

J. Coyle's 63 Chevy II was a regular at Joliet for a number of years. It had a 383ci small block and ran mid 11's.

The Ancel's 65 Malibu is one of the cleanest racecars around. I believe they did most of the work themselves. It had a big block with a Powerglide and ran high 9's. This car was featured in the February 1997 issue of Super Chevy.

J. Ridings' 71 Chevelle SS is another very clean racecar. It had a naturally aspirated 582 and ran high 8's.

This 68 Camaro had a naturally aspirated big block and ran high 8's. A few years prior to this photo it had a big block with NOS and ran 8.40's. They were making a Saturday night T&T pass and stood it up on the back bumper with all 4 wheels off the ground. I thought it was going to end up on it's roof, but the parachute hit the ground and kept it from blowing over.

This is one of the nicest early 80's Z/28's I've seen. It had a big block and ran low 9's.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (11-22-2023)