View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 06:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,097 Times in 208 Posts

I've managed to get the used headliner fitted and it will be glued in within the next couple days. I'm content with the fitment as it is my first time installing a headliner.
Some of the tips that helped me most was:
Pre-installing all screws before installing the headliner
Fitting the front center and rear center of the headliner first
Pulling the sides of the headliner AT the bows, not between

I'm very lucky to be in contact with the original owner as we talk weekly. Every time we speak I get to learn a little more about the history of the car. He said the fastest time he's ever run the 1/4 mile was in the high 11's with the car "everything hooked up right and that was a fast time back then.. I think that's the only time I ran an 11"

Bruce says the 11 was at National Trail during a time trail. Usually the car would run 12's and the occasional 13's.

He said he polished the inside of the intake himself, ran headers, line loc, and his homemade traction bars because the "damn rear end wouldn't stop jumping up and down and I thought... I could solve that".

I asked him if the car had a name and he said no he didn't want it all lettered up. "But I did have that BC 1200 plate, for years all my buddies would call me BC!"
So I asked if that was a real Ohio plate or something he had made. It was the real Ohio plate.

He responded, "Well back then we'd go up to Northern Ohio near Cleveland, I believe the place was Euclid, and all you had to do was give the counter worker a $20 dollar bill and they'd set your plate up how you wanted, a lot of people would go up there, and that's how I got the BC!" I asked if the 1200 had any meaning and he said, "No they'd just set you up with a good number; I wanted my initials BC on the plate"

At one point I asked how to pronounce his last name and he said "Bruce CreMEAN... emphasis on the MEAN!" and we both laughed.
Attached Images

67 Camaro L78

Last edited by jbtech; 11-03-2022 at 07:15 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
dykstra (11-08-2022), juliosz (07-24-2023), L_e_e (11-03-2022), olredalert (11-04-2022), R68GTO (11-03-2022), RPOLS3 (11-08-2022), SuperNovaSS (11-04-2022), Xplantdad (11-04-2022)