View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
I did an extensive search yesterday on this track and could find no other shots with the Chevelle in them. I also tried CD today with similar luck.
I sure appreciate everyone's efforts in trying to string this story together... you're good friends!

The official production date of the car was May 20, 1969 and it would have been delivered to Norwood around the end of May, 1969. Norwood had the car for most of the month of June, 1969.

Howard, the original owner, signed the original title on June 27, 1969 (and the commissioner of Motor Vehicles certified the title on July 10, 1969). That's 13 days later... would that have been the days when Mel Perry prepped the car for Howard?

Howard told me the other day that he raced the car at Connecticut Dragway until he traded it in to Scuncio. There's a date stamp of Jul 31 1971 on the top corner of the title... which I'm thinking may be the trade-in date? I'd sure like to find out what happened to the car after Scuncio got it.

In my conversations with previous owners going back to approximately 1982, one owner in particular remembered the car being raced in its early years at New England Dragway.

Oh yeah, for what its worth... I raced the Chevelle at Music City Raceway in Nashville, TN during Chevellabration back in 2006!