View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 08:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 4:33 gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
It’s was the words (& special order axle) on the window sticker that made me ask that . I’d have to dig out my window, sticker but didn’t think mine was worded that way. (from
Memory)
In pretty sure my PHS just says safety- track -HD

I thought there was a Special line on PHS similar to that for 4.33 compared to 3.90
Maybe mine reads the same way on the window sticker . That line was curious to me though.
Good to know that’s what a 3.90 would read.
I wonder if a 4.33 would be worded differently on a window sticker there’s been some questions as to if any 68 69 birds came w the 4.33 but there definitely some axles w the correct code out there. And I’ve seen listings for cars used from the early 70s w that axle but could have been installed .
I find the 4.33 bird thing interesting .

Seems the a PHS reads different for different parts of the year as well . As w the case for the decor group after March 17th .
It would be very rare and interesting to find a 69 Firebird with a 433 rear from the factory and probably never happened. I would also say that it’s definitely a lot more reliable to go with the Phs vs window sticker when it comes to the wording on some of these items