View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyJeff View Post
Hey guys ,just looking for a little advice or input. I recently took my foot of the gas and took a step back from previous job after 38 years (I'm 57 years old now) While I still plan to work for a few more years just to maintain my life long Savings. That being said i did take a huge pay cut with my decision, but i am debt free and content with my toys ! The reason for this post is I'm currently ready to pull the trigger on a nice addition to my existing 2 car garage .But with the contstruction cost of today its a significant chunk of money. My dilema is that i currently have my long time Street/Strip 67 Camaro & a Anglia Gasser project filling up my existing garage . And my two life long dream cars that Ive been lucky enough to acquire over the last 10 years and i would never be able to replace with today's values (70 RS/Z28 & 70 SS Chevelle) are residing in my former bosses part time home's 5 car garage. While there are no hard feelings or drama between us and he says i can keep them there as long as i want... I just would feel better having them "at home". I do know how much more i would enjoy them, having them here in a new bigger garage/man cave. While my only real passion is Motorhead type stuff and i do drive both cars occasionally . Sometimes i feel downsizing by selling off the 2 cars while their values are hot and saving the money from the garage build would be the #smart thing to do ? Sorry for the long winded post, but i new you guys could feel my thoughts ... thanks
Adding space to your garage will increase the value of your property. It's not like you would be pissing it away, and if it's what you want to do and it makes you happy I would do that instead of regretting selling the cars later on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMC_Typhoon For This Useful Post:
EZ Nova (04-10-2022), L78M22Rag (04-14-2022), Richls5 (01-14-2023)