View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,974 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BelAir427 View Post
You are absolutely correct . They sell so many undocumented L79 Chevy II clones that I have lost count. They accepted my car, a documented L79 that does not have its original driveline , for auction. But they refused to put L79 in the title, or market it as such. I pushed back so hard that a manager ( whatever that means) sent me an e mail to tell me that a real Fuelie Corvette was no longer a Fuelie Corvette if it was missing its original FI system , or original engine. I told him that he was completely wrong, and that there were a lot of COPO and Yenko owners that would not agree. Diminished value, maybe, but it does not change how they left the factory. They refused to budge, so I ate the $99 and walked away. They sold $850 Million worth of cars last year, double what the next biggest auction house sold, so they must think they can make up the rules now.

20 yrs ago, it seemed BJ was the "go to" place to get huge money for a cloned, fake, lipstick on a pig bondo bucket. They had to become more diligent in what they allowed. Now it seems BaT has, and wants, the title. We've watched them evolve from a, seemingly, backyard buddy system to this status in a VERY short time. I guess allowing and now attracting this kind of clientele is becoming their MO.
I know a number of people on here have had good experiences with BaT and that's great, but with the insane level of collector vehicle prices, the fakers are going to go where they can sell their crap.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
67BelAir427 (05-06-2022)