View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 09:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,088 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Another thumbs up on the headliner installation. Nice work Jose. I’m wondering if the headliner trim at the back window fits with a consistent but snug gap to the back window when viewed through the glass? It sure looks like it does, think mine will be needing some work.

Provided that your webbing is good enough, have you considered using EvapoRust (Tips and Tricks)
Starting about Post 39
https://www.yenko.net/forum/showpost...1&postcount=39

Enjoying your car and paper trail progress!
Yes it does fit with the consistent snug gap. The rear trim is a "trim parts" repop as my original was crumbling apart. The front trim above the windshield is original GM and fits great as expected. A repop front windshield trim did not fit well so I bought a good used original and was very happy.

Thank you for the seatbelt tip.

I've done many hours of research on installation of the front windshield. I eventually called Jeff Gretz from first class auto glass about the kit they offered including dam. Unfortunately, the company that made their windshield dam no longer produces the part. He advised I purchase the MARCY brand 3/16" x 3/16" single sided dam and a specific urethane when it comes to installation.

However, since my car will likely be apart again after my trip to OH, he advised to do the typical butyl rope temporary install as it is very difficult to remove/reuse glass after a proper installation with a dam/urethane. I am aware gm originally used a cloth backed latex covered foam and Thiokol so I was looking for the next best thing. He was VERY helpful. Here is a video he made demonstrating proper installation of GM glass per shop manual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY1b...nnel=LukeBoltz

The nice thing about using the Butyl for now is that I will have time to find/create a dam I'm happy with.

67 Camaro L78
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
169indy (11-14-2022), olredalert (11-14-2022), TerryD (11-16-2022)