View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNOS View Post
I spoke to the grandson (quite a bit) who is selling the car for his grandfather.

It was listed originally with a crazy high price of $58,000. It has been for sale for two months with no takers, even with a big price reduction down to $45,000 Canadian which is approx. $36,000 US. This alone makes me VERY skeptical.

I know the engine has been rebuilt a long time ago and with only 22,000 miles on the car, it makes me wonder if it is the original block (maybe decked).

I think it is crazy money for a survivor with less than ideal survivor paint and the fact that the right rear lower quarter behind the door is blowing apart. If you open that area up, you are in for more of a surprise than what you just see in the pics, I am sure. I have pics of the difference in the finish between the hood and the top of the fenders which also make no sense for a survivor car. Something definitely got squirted......the hood.

For me, there are better Z's out there for the same money or less. And if you restore it, you will be upside down the minute you call NPD.

It should be a survivor the way it sits, if you are ok with the car.

Paul

The speedo could have rolled over and 122k would still be "original" miles...
The solid coating of blisters under the paint indicates poor adhesion and, most likely, a coating of surface rust. With all the other anomalies, it's way over priced.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles