View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
My records show 06-539 as Service Chevrolet in Los Altos, where are you getting the Joe Bokman info for that zone and code?
Paul
yea for some reason the NCRS shows it as Service Chevrolet if that's where your getting your records from. If you have the version with the address attached it shows service chevy to be located at 5172 el camino real in Los Altos. No information ever comes up for Service chevrolet so I started looking up the address and it showed Bokman Chevrolet. I think it possibly could have become Service Chevrolet after Mr. Bokman sold it in the 80s but from 1971 to 1982 it was Bokman Chevrolet. Unfortunately Joe Bokman passed away about 12 years ago but I was able to get in touch with his son today. His son was an extremely nice guy and seemed like he still has a passion for cars with how interested he was in my car even after he said he wouldn't have any information about it from the old dealership.

He said there was a 0% chance any of the old dealership stuff was left or any info for my car. Interestingly enough he said if my car was a 1968 then his dad didn't sell it. They didn't purchase the dealership until 1971. He did know who they purchased it from, Stub Hatch. I looked that guy up and man did he have an awesome story. His father owned a chevy dealership in the 1920-40s. He went to world war 2 and ended up a fighter pilot called Ace, won war medals for shooting down 5 enemy planes in one day, came home opened up his own Chevrolet dealership and wrote a book about his time as a fighter pilot. Im going to try and get ahold of any of his surviving relatives and see if they have any more information to go along with what I've got.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirvanamike06 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (08-26-2019), scuncio (08-26-2019)