View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 07:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Is EVERYTHING in short supply?

I was cleaning up the pool table this morning, getting ready for a family gathering. Noticed a few bad spots on the cloth. It is over 10 years old with a lot of use, so can't complain about that. Figured I would order a new one while it is fresh in my mind. I like burgundy.

Went to one of the old reliable sources, and the only colors available were Chartreuse and Fuchsia. Really?

Go to Amazon. Same problem. Go to Ebay; finally someone has burgundy, but I have to pay a $50 premium for the cloth I want (Simonis).

Figured I may as well send out the irons to have new leather pockets installed. Did my research a couple years ago (balls have been randomly falling on the floor for quite a while, was just waiting until I had a good excuse to take the table apart). Was hoping I could take it apart tonight, send them out tomorrow and have the table back together by Christmas. Nope. Those guys say I can send them in, but they won't even make it to the work bench for 6 weeks because they are so backed up. To be fair, these guys are true craftsmen.

Was visiting with a good friend of mine last Sat. One of the smartest guys I have ever met; maybe the smartest. He mentioned how difficult it is to get ANYONE to do a job these days, and actually get what they promise. It is a sad day when so few will even deliver on what they say they are going to do.

Apparently, the only thing we don't have a shortage of these days is stupidity.
1967Z28 (11-25-2022), 60sStuff (11-24-2022), 69Z11Pacer396 (11-25-2022), Big Block Bill (11-25-2022), Jonesy (11-25-2022), napa68 (11-25-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...