View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: '70 Chevelle SS L78 Convt.

Rixls6

As you know, I dove head first into the L-78's very early on in the 80's when I owned a coupe. Started an L78 sub-club when we all belonged to Meekin's club. At the time, they weren't worth but a fraction of what they are now, and there was much more information given freely about them. No one imagined they would reach the values they have now, so truth about these cars and their flaws was more abundant back then. I still have all my records from the 80's, and the stories, amount of documentation, etc have changed on many- coupes and convertibles. All I can tell you is I pretty much know, on the first 6 convertibles, what's right, what's not, which panels were replaced, which were repaired, what engines they had back then, what documents they had back then, etc. I sat 10 feet away from 3 of them for a year. I had extensive discussions with owners of 2 more back when they bought them and I took extensive notes, and got involved with the 6th one last year. I have copies of the build sheets for all 6 (I just found the 6th one)

Mr 70- Rick, I lost track of the Silver one completely. I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced. That was the one with the options, including power windows. There's a good story behind each one. I wish you would stop in and see me some time. I'd like to get your input on the others you've found.
Rixls6 and I spent many a day in the 80's chasing possibilities down.
I do know of one that was in the south in the late 90's. It's a fake but it's got docs. I'm not even going to mention the color. Back then, I got in trouble every time I started talking freely about the cars. I was being free with the information on these cars, and some owners of both real ones with issues and fake ones didn't like it. Now I just shut my mouth about them.

http://www.classicmusclecars.com