View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: '70 Chevelle SS L78 Convt.

This car has been around a long time. Chuck had it back when there were only 5 known- the black, white, and silver ones we had in the showroom, Mike Gabbard's blue one, and Chuck's. I had conversations with Chuck on this car back then. His ride back was one that will go down in Chevelle folklore. I still have copies of the build sheets on the first 5. I sold the white one to John- he re-restored it and sold it. The silver one went down south. The black one was sold to a young man in Chicago, who took it to a few Chevelle-a-brations. He then sold it. I sold all 3 in the same year. We found another blue one that sold at Mecum last spring. I think this red car was just sold recently at auction in Florida. I lost track of all of them over the years. Because of rarity and lack of info, I think these are the most underrated Chevelles ever. Seems to me in the late 80's rixls6 and I went to Volo to check one out that they had, was in pieces. Wasn't real.(maybe that was an LS6- too long ago to remember) It was gold Rick, remember? This one has more ink on it than any other one out there.

http://www.classicmusclecars.com