View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
Just heard it from the horses mouth a few minutes ago and very sad indeed. Call me old school but I am not nor do I ever intend to read any publication on the net including the newspaper. My loss but it just does not suit me so I chose to not go there. From a business standpoint I think it is likely a smart move as it is a huge cost saver but I think it is one of the last nails in the coffin for the collector automotive enthusiast. Very sad indeed. I have over 4000 magazines and MCR from its very first issue when it was called by a different name. Sad indeed.
I'm on the same page. If they don't print it, I won't be reading it. I don't spend that much time on the internet and avoid social media. I barely know how to use a smart phone (not because I'm dumb, I just don't have a lot of interest in it). So if that's the only way to view that stuff, then they won't have my subscriptions anymore. Figures they'd keep the one I got rid of years ago (hot rod) I got tired of the big brake big wheel slam on the ground stuff they seemed to dwell on so that went bye bye.

What urked me was that they tacked $5.99 onto the magazine bill without asking me. Noticed the upcharge on the bank statement. Turned out they were already charging me for the computer version of the magazines that I wasn't even using, all the while still getting the paper version in the mail. So I cancelled that.

Last edited by x33rs; 12-11-2019 at 09:06 PM.