View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have lived in Georgia or South Carolina most of my life. Like any state, there are cities to stay away from. If you want to be near a good size city my choices would be Charleston SC or Savannah Ga. Both are close to the beach and will have most any activities you would look for. I love both for the history of the cities and the beautiful old houses and buildings. Stay away from the city of North Charleston. Crime is really bad there. If you want to be close to or in the mountains, check out Ashville or Hickory NC or some of the smaller cities like Boone and Murphy NC.
Personally, I hate Atlanta Ga or anywhere within 30 or 40 miles of it. There are some good places outside of that radius but I'm not very familiar with them.
As far as beach towns, there are several. I lived on Hilton Head for about 4 years but it was a while ago. I liked it there but it was a pain to get to and leave as there is only one way to get there. Myrtle Beach is too much of a tourist city and crime is getting really bad. There are a few island beach towns around Charleston SC and near Brunswick Ga.
Good luck with your search.
69M22Z (03-10-2023)