View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 10:16 PM

Thanked 7,178 Times in 1,578 Posts

I was at an auction in Auburn IN several years ago with my dad looking at a Cranberry Red "LS6" Chevelle that had just gone through the auction when the proud new owner walked up with a representative from the auction. They were discussing whether or not it was a "Real LS6". I had just looked at the VIN before they walked up and told my dad that it was a Canadian built car so it couldn't be a "Real LS6". I didn't say anything to either of them as they were looking at the car. Other than the fact that the block was a restamp and there are no known Canadian built LS6 Chevelle's I had no proof that it wasn't real. I wanted to tell the new owner to do a little research on Canadian built Chevelles, but was afraid to say anything with the auction rep standing there.

People need to do some research on the cars they're interested in buying before they arrive at the auction. If you're a bidder you should be able to get the VIN and copies of any documentation that comes with the car from the auction company before the auction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-19-2022), SS427 (12-12-2021)