Thread: Gas Pump Refurb
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 02:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Gas Pump Refurb

With Retirement comes time to apply to efforts of "continuing" the Overhaul & Conversion of Livery on this vintage pump. Years ago I spotted a Bad shape Wayne 'Blend-o-Matic' Model: 511E.5 on Craigslist- Oregon. My Buddie Tom & I packed and secured the ECON-O-BLEND pump from the antique mall. I had seen a few pumps talked about on this site and I am not a Gas-o-file certified nut just a fella whom wanted a SUNOCO themed pump in the garage to compliment my 68Z28 for obvious historical reasons (Go Penske & Donohue 68/69). I started the Project YEARS ago and It stalled in Paint Jail & has since was released on good behavior just in time. Thank God for Jeff's great Paint work. I totally guessed on paint colors using photos and a House of Color Paint Chips album, to the Point I have NO clue what we used in the end. I source services via a Local Powder Coater and Plater to refurb many parts. The Unit was heavily damaged from Rodent and Wasp habitat periods, so much so the Vedder & Root computer is in my opinion beyond repair. I was temped to make the unit 'dynamic' operable but have decided to take the easy way out. Static. Enjoy. & Get out there a scoop up these pumps.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 169indy For This Useful Post:
COPO (12-31-2021), L_e_e (02-01-2022), olredalert (12-31-2021), X66 714 (12-31-2021)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Selector.jpg script top 2.jpg script top 1.jpg Hancock_Gas_1.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...