View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default L78 Nova needs to get out more

It was 70 today in So Cal, I was on vacation and just got done reading a post about not driving the cars enough.

That was it. Went out to the garage and looked at my L78 Nova that had not got out enough recently. Pulled the cover, connected the battery, fired it up. Man it sounded good. Headed out for some light driving which is the norm. Decided to give the matching numbers engine a little more than the usual 2500 - 3000 RPM it has got used to over the years on the 19,000 original miles it has traveled. So headed to an open road near San Juan Capistrano and came to a stop. Reminded myself not to get too crazy here so I told myself I was going to hold at 4800 RPM which is nicely in the power curve. Dropped the hammer leaving a little rubber from the old polyglass and heard the loud whine of the M22, grabbed a hard 2nd at about 4500 and did the same for 3rd. The beast pulled so strong. Brought back memories of racing back at Dragway 42 in West Salem, OH. Kept the sanity and held off getting anywhere near the redline. Drove easy for another 20 miles receiving a lot of thumbs up. (I know some of you thought I was going to tell you I scattered the matching number engine sending a rod through the hood, sorry!)

Told myself, I am going to do this more often! Get em out and enjoy! Mark

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...