View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:34 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
Bolt goes through one of the metal brackets in the middle of your photo then through the over axle strap and into the floor pan - - orient the metal re-enforcement with the TAB pointed towards the floor boards (UP) The TAB acts as interference against the floor pan so you do not over tighten the strap -
Firstgenaddict...

I received the hangers today. See pics. Ordered these thru NPD, but they have HEARTBEAT City printed on the box. Never have laid eyes on an OEM set, so I don't know what I need to know, if you know what I mean. Since the kit is reproduction I've been looking for pics of real OEM hangers for comparison. I really would hate to rip out the old exhaust needlessly, to find out something isn't right in the middle of the installation.

The "J" hangers just look odd to me, as in they look like they are almost folded into a "V"...normal?...Probably, since these hangers are thick, I don't believe they are meant to bend easily while shipping, so I'm thinking they are OK, but it doesn't hurt to ask if they are bent correctly. Can you tell me which is RH and LH on those?

The tailpipe hangers are easy to figure out which side, and it looks like this sheet metal type screw (see pics) is used to clamp at the tailpipe itself, shown is also an OEM hanger from another discussion with the screw still attached, but I think I'll get regular screws, washers and lock nuts for those and the LOOP clamps as well. Grade 3 or 5??

Any thoughts?
Attached Images