View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 02:07 AM

Default Value of 1969 z/28

Came across a 1969 Camaro Z/28 RS that I was able to go see and decode today. I am going to try to best describe the car and see what the experts here can give me on a range for price.

Original Olympic Gold Paint with Black Vinyl Top
Protecto Plate
Car is a late December build 12D
Car was a one owner until recently purhased.
Flat hood no spoiler
The car has the original drive train, engine, trans and rear end. Stampings all visible and all align with the build date of the car.

All components appear to be correct and original..... based on dates I reviewed today. This includes carb, dist, alternator, radiator, master brake cylinder, starter, YH rims...the only thing that I don't think is original is the power brake booster. Car has headers but the exhaust manifolds and smog were all kept by the original owner. Interior is black standard and should clean up well. So basically a very original car.

The weakness of the car is that it does have some rust in the usual places.

Front fenders have some of the usual rust in the lower area down by the cowl. I believe these could be patched if one wanted to keep the original fenders.

Rear quarters behind the rear wheel have rusted through and will require a patch or quarter replacement. Also looks like that one if not both of the trunk drops will need to be replaced.

Trunk has some surface rust but no evidence of it being rusted through and is very solid. The car has the usual dents and scratches for a car of this age.

Car also has some rust around the bottom inside of the front windshield and I believe the metal dash will need to be replaced.

Seller sees the car as a survivor, however I see the car as very original and should be restored. Car has some rust as called out but overall very solid.

Looking for some thoughts around pricing based on the information that I have provided. Thanks in advance for help that can be provided.

Scott
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Umm.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...