View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 11:42 PM

Default Yenko Camaros Coming Up for Auction

A lot of you are going to get a good laugh out of this one, but I know there are some folks in these forums that have a wealth of Yenko knowledge that are willing to share.

Quick backstory...at 16 years old, my first Camaro was a 1994 V6 salvage title car that I had re-painted at Maaco. I slapped some Z28 badges on it, added flowmaster exhaust, and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I made a promise to myself then that if I was ever in a position to do so, I was going to acquire the baddest Camaros on the planet. Fast forward 25 years, I've started buying those Camaros.

I've recently acquired some concours level 69 Z28's and now I'm looking to acquire a 1967, 1968, and 1969 Yenko Camaro. Disclaimer - I cannot turn wrenches as I don't have the skillset or the patience. Moreover, I'm located in Florida and quality auto restoration shops are few and far between. In other words, I'm looking for great cars in as close to original condition as possible (not clones or re-creations). I made a run at the 68 Yenko offered at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach a couple of weeks back and just missed out on that one. I was fortunate enough to spend 20 mins with the Shop Manager from the American Muscle Car Museum discussing that car. He was a wealth of knowledge and very forthcoming about the few deficiencies that existed. In speaking with him, I quickly realized there is more to the Yenko's (besides the obvious Yenko is known for) than your average Camaro.

There are a few Yenko Camaros coming up for auction at Mecum in May that I intend to make a run at. Those cars are:

1. 1967 Yenko Camaro - YS707
2. 1968 Yenko Camaro - YS8051
3. 1969 Yenko Camaro - YS9879

As the Yenko community is small and tight knit, I'm going to throw it out there...are any of you aware of any back stories on these cars that a prospective buyer should know about (that hasn't been disclosed)? I realize this is a broad question to ask, but I'm looking for some guidance from the older Yenko guys to chime in for the younger buyer. I'm 42 and sad to say, a car seller's dream. With that said, I want to acquire some quality Yenko Camaros simply for the love of the brand that I can hold and enjoy for the next 20-30 years. Thanks in advance for any feedback anyone has.
The Following User Says Thank You to TarheelRyan For This Useful Post:
John (05-01-2022)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Tarheel.jpg IMG-3089.jpg IMG-3083.jpg IMG-3074.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...