View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,086 Times in 360 Posts

Jerry Orn on FB says that this is Toy IV when Carmen Rotonda owned it. I'm told Carmen and Frank were buddies. Maybe one of you guys knows for sure, or can ask Carmen my understanding is he is still around. I don't think I've seen this pic before:

Also Richie Schmidt on FB shared some comments:
Joe put a fiberglass nose on it before he sold it. He said he still had the fenders from the car. Jenkins sold the car to Brooklyn heavy and there are pics of it without the RS reverse lights. When Jenkins ran the car it had the non RS lower valance on it so maybe it wasn't an RS when new. Maybe the RS back up lights were just lenses screwed on.

My guess is that you had the same pics as in this post which are the same ones I have. I got them from Joe Algeri when I spoke to him about the car. Jenkins found the car down in the southeast a few years before his death and said the car was too hacked up to be restored. I tracked the car for a few years past when Joe owned it. The car was painted black and belonged to a guy named Wild Bill who ran it in a "super shifters" type club. The car was named the most dangerous car in the class because of how hacked up it was. I later tacked it to the Carolinas where the trail went cold.

I'm saving the various comments from the FB Post I made in the Vintage Camaro Drag Racing Group on FB. In some cases the comments conflict with others but I'm not in a position to call up Joe A on the phone but I'm happy to update the thread if someone knows him and chats with him at some point. I also did reach out to Bob Veniero via FB but have not heard back.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pro Stock John For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-08-2023), 69M22Z (12-08-2023), dykstra (12-08-2023), JBALL (12-08-2023), L78_Nova (12-08-2023), Rumbleguts396 (12-09-2023)