View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNOS View Post
It is funny we are talking about a Canadian cars again. And yes because of all the GM of Canada documentation that is available, cars do get "made out of thin air" up here which is so sad. There was a time when people trusted Cdn. cars, not so much anymore.

And to boot, there are dirt bags up here that made a lot of $$$ recreating "dead, recycled" high dollar cars.

Fortunately, at least here in Ontario we can buy a Sellers Package from the provincial government and it clearly shows all the previous registered owners. And with a little bit of work (tougher now with cell phones), you can track down these previous owners and ask them all the pertinent questions needed to validate a vehicle. I do it all the time.

My point is, every car has to have a history. This applies to cars sold in the U.S., Canada and anywhere. And if there is zero history available, I would think VERY hard about running for the hills

So do your due diligence prior to an auction or wherever you may be looking at buying an expensive vehicle. Take Rick Nelsons very wise advice, protect yourself and hire an expert. If you are going to spend $75,000 - $????, try not to cut corners of an inspection fee which proportionally might only be 2% - 4% (I am guessing) of the total value. Think of what the value of your report would be to the next potential buyer when it comes time for you to sell it?

Paul

I agree about the unfortunate reality of Canadian cars raising eyebrows of suspicion. I used to hear Canadian docs were the best but now see that isn’t the case and it can be a red flag. I nearly bought a super rare (if it had been real) 69 Chevelle at auction that I found out later was 100% made up from the Canadian docs. Praise Jesus I was outbid by a guy with deep pockets that later found out it was a sham. I won’t point the car out but it was talked about on this site as a fraud a few years ago.

But, we figured out through the grapevine that the seller was making up big money cars from the Canadian docs for years, which is terrible. I like having money but obviously not enough to lie, steal, and potentially burn in Hell forever for it for a few years.