View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z282NV View Post
I don't know why people get fixated on "where is the line". The line for you or the line for me maybe at different spots. The important thing is disclosure for what was truely done to car in it's restoration. No half baked words like a GM body was used. Just spill the beans and be honest. Honesty is what builds reputations.

The great thing about this site is the knowledge people have in recognizing fakes. If I ever had the money to buy a high end car rest assure I would be sending a few PM's to a few people here if they willing to help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Frank I agree, I'd assume some guys on here know about the restoration of this car and could elaborate. I assume by the comments I've read that another body was used. I know of other cars are are rebodies.
I'd hardly call myself "fixated" on it but, never the less, my "line" so to speak is, I lean toward being more "ok" with a body swap if ...

1. Indeed all or most of the parts would need replacing with new or used parts anyway, (and a factory built body is often built better than a body shop built body)...

and 2. I'd prefer the original firewall and dash/cowl sections be transferred to the donor body, maybe it's just me but separating the VIN and cowl tags from the original and installing on another body, meaning two cars and two VINs and cowl tags are being tampered with,..just screams crooked, deceiving and/or illegal to me, whether it's disclosed or not.

Last edited by FTC; 01-16-2024 at 07:06 PM.